HOW TO PREPARE A PAINTED FLOOR AND WHAT PRODUCTS TO USE
- First you need to abrade the floor with sand paper or an industrial scarifier.
- Then remove any loose pieces and sweep the floor to remove any dust.
- Then apply your first coat and allow 12-24 hours to dry before applying the second coat job done.
- When it comes to choosing what paint to use you really need to know what has been used before (epoxy, or single pack).
- If you know it’s easy just use the same as previous after preparing the floor correctly.
- If you don’t Single Pack Floor Paint is the safe option as it will not cause a reaction with the existing coating.
- Or you can use Solvent Free Epoxy Floor Paint which is harder wearing and will not react.
- However if you don’t know What has previously been used and you want a premium finish using a two pack epoxy or solvent free epoxy floor paint, the best solution is to take the floor back to bare concrete and start a fresh.